How to maintain weight in older age
In this article the question about the correct system of nutrition of the elderly, and also avoidance of obesity.
Diet for those over 50, it's not what for people in middle age. Nutritionists, for example, recommend the following diet:
- meat 100-150 grams 1-3 times a week. Other days —seafood, cheese, or nuts. The dose of protein should be 0.9 to 1.1 grams per 1 kg weight
- animal fats replaced by vegetable
- carbohydrates(flour products, potatoes) no more than 250 grams per day
- unlimited number are allowed to eat low-fat dairy products, legumes, vegetables, fruits. Especially the apples and fresh berries
- dishes richly flavored with spices, it is better not to exclude from your menu. Salt to consume no more than 5 grams per day
- water you need to drink 1.5 liters a day, including water contained in soups, dairy products, juices and other beverages. There is to be no less than 6 times a day not large portions. Daily norm of calories should not exceed 2500 calories.
Even the elderly useful to arrange fasting days on fruits and vegetables, yogurt and cheese. But given the weakness of the health, actively to lose weight, experiment with a variety of different diets and methods for weight loss are contraindicated.